Yummiest Ever Pumpkin Muffins
Snow has landed in Utah. Fall is finally here and now I’m worried we are going to miss it and move right into winter. Oh well, I guess I better enjoy it while I can. I have done my share of pumpkin baking. 30 Days of Pumpkin was one of my personal goals my freshman year. It was a wild success. I can tell you with full confidence that I will not get sick of pumpkin. Anyways, I recently found this recipe. It is amazing my husband and I have eaten a whole batch this week. Which we are never able to do. Do yourself a favor and try this recipe–Right Now!
Crumbly Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour ( I just used regular WW flour)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (I use 1tsp cinnomon and a pinch of nutmeg)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat three 5 3/4-inch mini loaf pans with nonstick spray. To make the crumb topping, combine flour, sugars, pumpkin pie spice and butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together pumpkin, coconut oil, butter, apple sauce, egg and vanilla.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the loaf pans. Sprinkle with reserved topping, using your fingertips to gently press the crumbs into the batter.
- Place into oven and bake for 30-35 minutes (if making bread, I put the muffins in for 20 min), or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before inverting the cake onto a wire rack.